Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unappreciated Philosopher

It is high time we explore the genius that is Timbaland. I know, you're probably wondering why it so imperatively needs to happen at this precise moment. Is understanding Timbaland going to help us to solve our current Apocalyptic Financial Meltdown of Doom? Probably not. Has Timbaland created a new source of alternative fuel, the details of which are to be found in one of his collaborations with another Very Powerful Pop Star? Clearly. Will combing through his lyrical stylings help undecided voters to finally make up their minds in this very critical US election? Well, I won't rule that out just yet. It will definitely entertain me for the next 15 minutes, and, really, that is the only rationale that I need.



It is useful to realize that for our analysis, we will only be examining songs where Timbaland is featured. While this great philosopher has made some of his own music, his best pearls don't seem to be found there.

Consider the following:

I'm out a time and all I got is 4 minutes. Jicka Jicka. FOUR MINUTES!

JICKA JICKA!

Break down.

JICKA JICKA!

Listen for that in this song:



But wait, some of his more infleuntial sounds are in this video:



It's been a long time, we shouldn't of left you, without a dope beat to step to.
Breecka Breecka, baby girl, UH!

BREECKA BREECKA!

I suppose what it really boils down to is this: I like Timbaland's little nonsensical noises. They make me laugh. I wish I could hire him to walk around with me, all day long, and when I would give him the special signal, he would make one of those sounds. It would be punctuated by that eye rolling thing that he does.



That gets me every time. Jicka Jicka. Baby girl, UH!