Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Apology To My Next Door Neighbor





It has become too boorishly tiresome to complain -- at heart, I am a rare visitor to the Land of Frustration and Anger. I much prefer a good solution; it makes moving on that much more satisfying and simple. When that doesn't work, I can always turn up the volume on Ignore.

Lately, and by that, I mean the last, oh, two and a half years, I've not been able to let go of the fact that I work with someone whom I find deeply frustrating. While I realize it is not at all her fault; everyone happens to have a Work Place Nemesis and she is mine, something has to be done. No more complaining. No more whining. No more! I just can't stand listening to myself on this topic any more.

Last night, I was inspired. I just need An Angry Mix CD. It was obvious, really. Sure, George can soothe my feathers after even the most trying of days, but a loud-angry-guitar-screaming-angst-festival is better suited to this particular purpose. It was just so obvious I couldn't see it. I'll modestly say it is some of my best work to date -- really, since the days of cassette tapes and late night Test Department Shows on KLPX with Susie Dunn. Yeah, That.Good.

It is so fantastic that, after giving it a trial listen at 1:00 am, I couldn't sleep for another two hours. Heck, I could go into war after listening to this. Or at least jump into the ring with a WWF fake wrestler. Probably be able to shoo away a Jehovah Witness who rings my doorbell on an early Saturday morning -- even if she looked just like my Nana. Workplace Nonsense? Hi-yah!

Track List of Doom:

Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Linkin Park - Faint
Fugazi - Merchandise
Pearl Jam - Go
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead... - Caterwaul
Live - Lakini's Juice
Alice in Chains - Would?
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Clipse - When The Last Time
Rage Against The Machine - Know Your Enemy
Ludacris- Stand Up
The Prodigy - Poison
The Gossip - Fire With Fire
Fiona Apple - Fast As You Can
Gogol Bordello - Dogs Were Barking
Kings of Leon - On Call
Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs

Just in case you wanted to make one for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment